Question: Why learn about the library?
Answer: Being a smart library user will make your life less stressful.
The library has many of the resources you'll need to achieve your course objectives, including:
- General information about a topic of your choice - to help you become familiar with names, places, important dates, specialized terminology
- Books and articles - representing the scholarship on a topic of language and linguistics
- Definitions and examples of research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative)
- Citation management tools - RefWorks and Zotero
By the end of today's session, you'll be able to:
- to find background information about a topic using library resources
- to identify and find related resources on their topic using bibliographic information
- to use Google Scholar to obtain citation information and use RefWorks or Zotero to save this information