RefWorks is a web-based software* that captures, stores and organizes references for books, articles, web pages, and other sources. It then automatically converts these references into a properly formatted bibliography or works cited in the citation style of your choice, including APA, Chicago, and MLA. It can be used to:
- Store references (both those imported from online catalogs and databases or those created from scratch)
- Create bibliographies or works cited.
- Insert in-text references, footnotes, or endnotes into documents created in Word or other text editors
Many items from the Georgetown library catalog can be directly exported to RefWorks.
- Search as normal using our library catalog or OneSearch.
- To import a title into RefWorks, click on the Add to RefWorks link on the righthand side of the page.
- You will be redirected to the RefWorks log in page; this citation will be marked "last imported".
*Important Note: Firefox and Chrome appear to interface more reliably with RefWorks.